Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Player Commentary: Jake Barnett



At a first glance, people might think that Notre Dame Prep's facilities are a little more than top notch. This is my first year and Notre Dame and after traveling to a few other prep school, I could not help but notice the difference in the facilities. It's funny though because after seeing all these other great schools, I still could not see myself going to any other prep school in the nation. Notre Dame Prepatory school has done exactly what it says in the name. It has PREPARED me for so many things. It has prepared me to always be independent, and get things done on my own. It has prepared me to count on my teammates both on and off the court. Lastly, it has taught me the meaning of putting in work to be successful. My roommates and I sometimes joke about some of the difficulties that we have faced here. We joke because no matter how hard we try to explain our life at Notre Dame to our friends back home, they will never fully be able to understand the things that we have faced individually and together as a team. Using each other to overcome obstacles has brought us closer together, and makes appreciate the simple things that other students might take for granted. At the end of the day, you can take what you given, throw it away and give up. Or you can take what your given and turn it into an oppurtunity that may earn you a full scholarship to attend college. When I leave Notre Dame, I know that I will not face anything that I haven't gone threw already, and I will be able to handle anything life throws at me: On and off the court.

No comments:

Post a Comment