Sunday, March 1, 2009

Player Commentary: Jake Barnett

A unique quality that Notre Dame Prep offers is a atmosphere for many different ethnicities to merge in a close setting. I can honestly say I have met people from countries such as Argentina, Africa, Korea, China. I'll never forget the first day that I met Naofall Folahan also known as Ming. Ming and I walked to the corner store as he explained to me that he had only been in the States for about 3 months. I couldn't believe some of the stories he had told me about his life back home. He explained to me, that he had traveled all across the world to pursue his dream of playing in the NBA following in the foot steps of his favorite player Kevin Garnett. After getting back to the house, I was quickly introduced the the Korean community that lived on the other side of the house. I quickly started learning things from the Koreans such as their types of food, and that they were really concerned about the way their hair looked. The funny thing that always made me laugh was the fact that no matter what we ate, the Koreans' would cover their food with hot sauce. Lastly, I met Pablo from Argentina. Pablo quickly earned the nickname "MANU" because the style of his game. It was cool to see the different style of his game, and learn new moves that I had never seen before. I'm sure that no matter where you go to school that you are going to see different ethnicities, but when your thrown together and forced to live with each other... you quickly learn how people live act. I feel like Notre Dame is one of the few school that can offer this and has made my expierence here interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment